Today was day one of level 8. Some unique features to this level are that standing arms are not exactly standing. Instead you are actually down on your knees. Of course there are new ab and new leg moves. My inital impression of this level was eh....level 8, not so great! The leg positions felt really awkward and I couldn't follow the abs secition as it seemed too fast. Well, I was very disappointed thinking this was gonna be dreaded level 3 all over again. Levels 4-7 I enjoyed from day 1. So....after I did the level, I took a little break and went back to just understand what went wrong. One thing I did was practice the legs motions again. I got in front of a mirror and slowly looked at the positions Tracy was doing and compared it to my movement, and I came to find the movements weren't bad after all once I got the hang of it.
Abs on the other hand were really off. On one move she did 5 reps on one side and 7 on the other! That might be okay for legs, but when you lift your head with each crunch only to find her already onto the other side then try to catch up and suddenly find her onto a new move, well that's just ineffective. If she did 4 and 4, or 8 and 8 counts like she normally does, it would have been fine. So, I counted out all the reps of each exercise and wrote it on a paper, and taped it to my laptop (which I do my toning on) and voila problem solved. I was able to follow along abs much better knowing the counts in advance and ended up doing abs twice as a results today.
This level was actually quite good in that my legs felt quite shakey afterwards, and because I did abs twice I felt leaner in my abs section all day.
Another random thing about my food today. I notice I often tend to wake up starving and ravenously hungry. Because there wasn't really anything in my cupboards and I didn't feel like cooking this morning I ended up having two protein shakes (Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer in Chocolate & Vega Protein Shake in Vanilla). These surprisingly tied me over til past 2 o'clock, and I just kind of felt better all day. Not bloated in the belly, or weighed down in my stomach (these conditions happen quite a bit for me).
I finished my day with cardio. I had been easing myself back into cardio these last few days (after my 2 week cardio hiatus) and today was the first day I did jumping again. I was so surprised to find how natural it felt and how good it felt. I just can't get over how exhausted and awful cardio felt on day one. So often a question on the forum comes up about new gals thinking the cardio is too hard and wondering if anyone else experienced that. It's almost a joke because the cardio being crazy hard the first day seems pretty universal amongst most TAM newbies including myself. I think it would really behoove Tracy to let people know that at the beginning so people wouldn't' feel so discouraged. I know I felt incredibly deafeated the very first time I tried the cardio. And yet, turns out there was no need to. Wherever we are starting from in our fitness journeys really is just fine, because we will build from there and get better as time goes on.
I've been trying to familiarize myself with Tracy's bootcamp diet and Meta diet so that come January when I begin dieting I'll feel prepared. I looked up basic egg stats online to see if (non-gmo) tofu would be a comparable vegan substitution. While probably not the same in terms of vitamins and minerals, I was more interested in the macronutrients. I was very pleased to find in that at least in terms on calories, fat, and protein it's right on par:
1 egg 1/4 block firm tofu
63 calories 57 calories
4 gram fat 3 gram fat
6 gram pro 7 gram protein
Well that is all for now. Continued success to our growing TAMily! Please remember that all you have to do is your personal best and nothing more. Your personal best is good enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment