So after my two week exercise hiatus, I feel comfortable to say I'm officially back to my normal routine. I initially did only mat work to help ease myself back into working out. These last 2 days I added cardio back as well, in the form of 20 minutes bootcamp (no jumping) + 10 minutes freestyle on the rebounder=30 minutes of cardio.
I was nervous yesterday as I had not done cardio in 3 weeks. I can attest that cardio really helps keep the weight in check. My belly grew when I wasn't doing cardio. But, the exciting part was that it actually FELT GOOD to do the dance aerobics. It felt good to have the blood plumping, and to feel the fluidity of the movements. Even the heavier breathing felt good. All of this came as a surprise to me as I'm mentally still used to the idea of not liking/dreading exercise because when you're out of shape exercise typically doesn't feel good. I guess it takes more than 2-3 weeks for all my hard work to be undone. I'm so happy to be checking off those workouts on my calendar, AND I'm excited to already be moving onto level 8 soon!
I did want to mention also that when I wasn't doing my MS work, my knees started to have pain! I noticed the last couple years that when I walk down stairs my knees actually hurt. That disappeared with TAM, and reappeared after just a couple weeks of not doing it. But already, my knee pain has gone away again, and that is amazing.
Also, I'm tinkering with the idea of starting bootcamp on January 1st, including the diet....and then moving onto Continuity 1.1 with the Meta diet. I haven't done any dieting so far, and regardless of having slower results I'm very happy with that decision. I feel like when I'm done with metamorphosis I will have accomplished something so big in my life, that doing the diet (for just 4-ish months) feels really doable. At this time, it feels doable. I reserve the right the change my mind, and adjust based on how things come along, but if there was ever a time for me to do the diet, New Year's is it.
Good luck everyone. I hope you are all continuing to enjoy your TAM journeys as I am with both its ups and downs. Both are part of the package, you just gotta keep riding the wave.
No comments:
Post a Comment